Friday, January 18, 2008

Cuba Itinerary

Day one and no phone call … every time my cell rings, I jump hoping it’s Sean! I just can’t wait to hear from him!

In fact, I’ve been so preoccupied with wanting to talk to Sean that I completely forgot he left me his itinerary. When I finally remembered tonight, I was thrilled to pour over it and read about their plans for each day. So, I thought it would be fun to post it, so you all will be in the know too! (One thing I should mention, the Cuban government does not allow for church buildings, or gatherings of large groups, that’s why you’ll read “house church” each time it talks about them gathering with the local believers.)

Fri, Jan 18
Arrive in Havana and clear customs. Travel by bus to Playa Santa Maria to get settled at the hotel. Meet with the local pastor and get acquainted with their Cuban hosts.

Sat, Jan 19
The day will be spent with the Children’s and Youth Ministries, along with other ministries. And there will be time for house visitation to church families. In the afternoon, they will participate in a Prayer Walk in Old Havana where they will share their faith with those they encounter. (Interpreters will be with them.) The evening will be spent in worship and praise with a Youth Ministry Service at the main house church in Alamar.

Sun, Jan 20

This will be a busy day with the team splitting up into eight groups, each participating in local house church services. Following these services there will be a baptism service. The day will conclude with some free time in the afternoon followed by a fellowship dinner at the local house church in Alamar, including a Communion Service at evening’s close.

Mon, Jan 21
They will visit the Seminary in Matanzas and then make a visit to Varadero Beach. (According to what I researched online it’s referred to as "the most beautiful beach in the world" because it is nearly 24 miles of sand that looks and feels like white powdered sugar!)

Tues, Jan 22
The mornings and afternoons will be spent with house-to-house visits in Alamar, leadership training and construction work. In the late afternoon, they will be assisting with the children’s ministry at local house churches, and in the evening they will have small group time with local believers to share testimonies and prayer requests.

Wed, Jan 23
This day will be similar to Tuesday with house-to-house visits in downtown Havana, leadership training and construction work. They will have dinner together in downtown Havana in the evening.

Thurs, Jan 24
They will travel to the city of Guanabacaoa with house-to-house visits in the morning. The afternoon and evening will be spent in Havana at the Christ of Havana Statue. Their last night in Cuba will be spent sharing a special meal together in Havana.

Fri, Jan 25
Return home to California.

As soon as I get more details and pictures, I will of course post them. In the meantime, thank you all for your prayers and encouraging emails! This is such an exciting time in Sean’s walk with the Lord and I wish I could be there to share it with him! I prayerfully hope that one day we can travel together with our boys to whatever mission field the Lord calls us!

3 comments:

Kelly @ The Nourishing Home said...

By the way, the photo is a picture of a Cuban sunset. It looks so beautiful! I know I need to bring it down a notch, but I am just so pumped up!!!! I can't wait to hear all about the trip and see the pictures!!!

Yvonne F. said...

Thanks Kel for sharing about this exciting missionary adventure that your husband and the team are on. May God give them victory for his name every step of the way! See you in a couple weeks when we return. Love Yvonne

Chiara said...

Thank you for sharing these days with us. It is so exciting! I think that sunset is amazing. I know God is using these people in amazing ways, and I can't WAIT to see how Sean reacts to this trip and how God has used him to further His kingdom. Thanks, Kelly!