Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Red Wagon


My Mom was visiting with us last week, so we made a trip to the beach with the boys to spend some funtime together. We were enjoying the first warm day in a couple of weeks – relaxing while the boys played in the sand – when we noticed a woman setting up an easel and her painting supplies some yards off to the right of us.

My Mom who's a very talented amateur painter said to me, "I wonder why she's painting the scenery over here?" (The most beautiful landscape was behind her.) I didn't think much about it, but I guess my Mom was just too curious to let it go. So a couple of hours later, she approached the woman and much to our surprise, she was painting us!

The artist's name is Patti Cliffton and apparently she's a local artist who's paintings are shown in several galleries in Laguna Beach and Newport/Balboa Island. I gave her our email address (on a Compass Bible Church business card, of course) and asked if she would send us a photo of the painting when it was completed.

So here it is! I'm really hoping to get a giclee of the painting so we can treasure this special moment in time that's been so beautifully captured on canvas. It's always such a joy to have visual reminders of the special moments you've shared with family and friends!

2 comments:

Chiara said...

Oh, what a special blessing! I love art, so this is just gorgeous to me. I love that God gave you this treasure!

Shannon said...

How amazing! What a precious memory you can share with your mom and the boys :)I love when God gives us special treasures like this.